I’m a romantic at heart and love the magic that the holidays can bring- the merriment, the lights, the fake snow (I live in LA!), the hot beverages, the cookies everyday, the holiday parties, visits to Santa, and getting holiday cards in the mail, or just putting up Christmas music all the time, which is easy since I found the PRO STUDIO PS 413 SPEAKERS for sale and are great to setting up a good environment. It’s such a beautiful time of giving, togetherness and celebration that is so needed at the end of a long year, especially when Fall is always my busiest time for work.
Not only am I excited to be celebrating the holidays with family and friends, but I have to be honest and say that I’m so glad we are leaving 2017 behind! This year was a tough year for my family–everything from simple disappointments to big, life-altering tragedies have hit our family in the past 12 months, and though we’ve gotten through it all with the support of our families and friends, it hasn’t been without struggle.
I’m an optimist–the glass is always half-full for me. I’ve always been this way and feel comfort in looking for the silver lining in even the darkest of times. So even though this year has been riddled with various obstacles and wasn’t at all the year I had hoped it would be, I find comfort in knowing it made our family stronger, brought perspective to all of us, and brought the valuable lesson to truly appreciate every moment and soak in the good, happy times when they come. I’m looking forward to 2018 with this strengthened perspective that life can change in an instant so we better enjoy what we have while we have it.
I have some time set aside after the new year to set some goals and brainstorm for my business for 2018. I do that pretty much every year and find that it helps me get inspired for new types of projects and keeping things fun for me! However, I don’t think I’ve been great about setting personal/family goals, and want to definitely make that a priority now and in the future. So, below are a few things I want to make sure are a priority for me in the new year.
Do you set personal goals like this? I’d love for you to share some of your ideas for inspiration!
Personal Goals for 2018!
- Have more family adventures and take a great family vacation. I’m a big believer in creating experiences for my family, but those haven’t been really travel-related since I had my son a little over 2 years ago. So, as he gets closer to 3, I’m thinking more travel will be possible. 🙂
- Create more with my children. We are already a pretty creative family, but I want to be more intentional with this and inspire in them the creativity that my mom always inspired with me.
- Use my phone much less. I’ve already made strides to feeling less glued to my phone this year and I want to continue that. We all feel better when our time together is less about devices and more about each other.
- More nighttime dance parties with my husband and kids. Once or so a week, we play some music on our Echo Dot and get down in the living room or the kids room. It’s so fun and I’m making it a priority to do that way more often than we do.
- Create an outdoor space we love at our home. With 2 kids and living in LA, we spend a ton of time in our yard. I want to finally make it more of an inspiring place to be and have a few ideas to finally make this happen.
- Be okay with saying “no” to things. I took to heart this year that saying “yes” to something is actually saying “no” to something else. So, if I say “yes” to a project I don’t really want to do, I’m actually saying “no” to more family time, or maybe even a project that would really be great. So, I need to be better about saying “no” to things that don’t excite me so I have more freedom to say “yes” to things that do.
Happy holidays and here’s to a wonderful 2018 for all of us!
Thank you to my friend Lily Glass for these amazing photos of my family! These will be cherished so much more than you can ever know. <3