While Mini Sessions can be convenient, Full Family Sessions can be where the real magic happens and that’s why I encourage people to consider a Full Family Session and not to just do Mini Sessions every year.
During a family session, kids can sometimes need some time to warm up to the camera (heck, sometimes it’s the adults who need that time!) and Full Sessions allow for that time. While we of course will get those more posed portraits of everyone smiling and looking at the camera, Full Sessions also give us that precious time to document more of your family connecting with each other which make your images that much more special and authentic. To top it off, Full Sessions can be done anywhere! In your home, at a special place to you– you get to decide where they are shot which can make those images that much more special. 🙂
The images included in this post were taken at a Full Family Session at the client’s home in Los Angeles and really show not just their love for each other, but also their family style and where they spend their time making these photos even more special to have in 30 years.
FAQs About Full Family Sessions
- What is a Full Family Session?
- A Full Family Session is a 1.5-hour photo session of your family which can be scheduled anytime throughout the year at any location you like. They can be scheduled at your home (which I really love, especially when young kids are involved!) or at any other location that makes sense for your family.
- Can I book a Full Family Session at any time?
- Yes, unlike a mini session when I only offer them on certain dates during the year, I’m always booking Full Family Sessions throughout the year. The days/times available vary depending on my schedule and my Fall schedule fills up quickly! So, if you’re interested in a Fall family session, it’s best to reach out by the end of August to make sure I can accommodate your session. 🙂
- Why would I book a Full Family Session?
- Full Family Sessions are the best way to document your family as it is right now. Kids grow SO fast (I know, I have two and I can’t believe they’re as big as they are…) so being intentional and setting aside time to make sure you have photos of how they are right now is so important. It’s one of those things I’m so passionate about and is why I love what I do so much.
- Full Sessions allow for documenting beautiful portraits that are more formal (everyone smiling looking at the camera) but they also allow for lots of great, more candid images. My goal with every Full Family Session is to create imagery that will help you remember these days, how they laugh, how they play, how they smile at you… and that can all happen in a Full Family Session. 🙂
- How much are Full Family Sessions?
- Full Family Session rates are subject to change. If you’re interested in booking or getting more information, please email me and we can talk more!
This Full Family Session allowed us to photograph this sweet family in the various rooms of their home so that they will always remember the space they shared during this very special time.
Interested in booking a Full Family Session for your family this year? Email me to see about scheduling! The Fall calendar for 2019 is now officially open and dates are booking up quickly!
Interested in reading more about Mini Sessions? Click here to read my recent post about those to see how they differ from Full Sessions!