Big news! I’m expanding my team of one (me!) around here and looking for a part-time office/production assistant to help me with a variety of tasks a couple days a week in my Burbank office!
With the exception of a couple of interns along the way and my awesome photography assistants for shoot days, I’ve always been a one-woman show in the office. But, this year I’m looking to expand a bit and get some help behind-the-scenes… It’s time! If you’re in the market for a part-time job and the below description sounds like you, please email me with a cover letter and resume explaining why you’d be a great fit for this position. Or, if you know someone who might be interested, please share the link to this post with friends and family! I hope to be gathering candidates over the next few weeks and will hold interviews by the end of January or beginning of February. Note: As explained below, while photography skills could be a plus, this is NOT a photographer’s position and photography skills are not a requirement. This is an office assistant position that will be more focused on assisting me with general office and creative tasks required to run a small, creative business.
It’s a new year and I’m so excited for the plans I have for this business of mine! I can’t wait to find the perfect person to add to the mix!
Part-time Creative Office/Production Assistant Wanted!
Burbank-based wedding and portrait photographer looking for a diligent, fun, creative, and kind part-time office/production assistant to help with office tasks related to handling image files, writing/editing blog posts and social media content, some image processing, client album design, and various other tasks that will help support running a small, creative business.
Note: this is NOT a photography assistant position and photography skills are not necessary! Though, those interested in photography or with photo background would be welcome to apply! The job will involve working with images a lot, so knowledge of photography, while not required, is a plus.
Schedule & Pay
The job is a part-time, hourly position, and is based at my office in Burbank, CA. I’m hoping for approximately 8-10 hours per week to start (two 4-5-hour days) with possibility for more hours as position continues. Specific hours and times are flexible, but would be required to be somewhat consistent each week.
An ideal candidate might be a parent looking for part-time work while their kids are in school, or a college student or recent graduate looking for great experience working in a small, creative business. Pay is $17 per hour to start.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Assistant would be responsible for various in-office tasks including, but not limited to:
- General office management (workflows, email communication, etc.)
- Blog and newsletter writing and image prep
- Social media planning (Facebook & Instagram)
- Some client and vendor relations
- Some image processing (Lightroom)
- File management (uploading to online galleries, etc.)
- Use studio booking software to generate client invoices, etc.
- Client album design management
Qualifications & Skills
- Great writing skills
- Great communication skills
- Great time management skills
- Self-starter and great ability to multitask and work quickly
- Generally tech-savvy with experience in MAC OS
- Basic Photoshop, Lightroom and/or graphic design skills (some training can be provided if necessary!)
- Basic knowledge of Instagram & Facebook
- Knowledge of Google Docs or Pages (word processing)
- Knowledge of photography basics and working with image files is a plus but not totally necessary as some training will be offered
Though all the responsibilities and skills listed above are desired, I want the RIGHT person for my office! So, if you’re a fun, creative, person with great communication skills and are motivated to learn, I’m willing to train you on the software skills you’re lacking to make sure I get the right fit for this position. 🙂
How to Apply
All interested in applying should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me know why you’re perfect for and eager to do this job! Thank you so much and I can’t wait to hear from you!